1. Technology

14 Fun Websites and Web Activities

By November 14, 2008

I get to cover a lot of interesting ground on the web, and I come across a lot of neat things and fun websites that can keep almost anyone entertained. So, to kick off the weekend right, I've put together 14 fun websites and web activities from the obvious, like watching videos, to the not-so-obvious, like writing your own children story, to the downright I'm-so-bored like turning Wikipedia into the game.

So, if you are looking for a fun website, or you're just incredibly bored, try you hand at one of these web activities:

1. Watch your favorite shows
  2. Watch music videos and discover new music
  3. Play a round of golf
  4. Forecast the weather
  5. Write your own fairy tale
  6. Walk down your street or just go sight seeing
  7. Create your own video game mashup
  8. Build your own 80's arcade
  9. Have a virtual chat with a friend
  10. Write your own Dilbert punchline
  11. Play a free fantasy MMORPG
  12. Visit a virtual shopping mall
  13. Play a game
  14. Or if you are really bored you can play the Wikipedia Game
Comments
June 3, 2009 at 9:56 pm
(1) Anton says:

Cool!

July 21, 2009 at 2:59 pm
(2) Dana says:

An amazing website to check out cause it has saved me so much money is http://www.cozywallet.com – it’s so cute and has these great deals. We went to Fridays and saved half on our check!

July 21, 2009 at 8:03 pm
(3) Ana Gama says:

this is epic! “/
thanks a mill. :]

July 21, 2009 at 8:29 pm
(4) Jacquie says:

All this fun and games on the internet, one has to be extremly careful, I joined the police link.com this was my fun thing, commenting on posted new articles, that other members posted. Even collecting new articles and posting too. One day I posted a few articles that degree professionals wrote, well hell freezes over. I was using the local One Stop Career Center, computer I attempted to post in the General forum as always, suddenly a page pop up, said the page did not exist the computer froze, I received 2 emails from the police link’s staff that I posted the same article in two forms, one restricted. A page did not pop up to alert me of the post. All I tried to explain to them it is impossible for me to gain, access to a restricted form, police identity and rank must be entered to gain access, and I do not fit the profile. When that computer froze some one else was watching the access clearance page, when I saw an almost blank page that states the page does not exist, that some one else also saw when the 2 articles were posted, try to explain to the allegation prone staff, that I was a victim to monitor tampering. It is so easy to pass judgement, on another with out proof.

Jacquie

July 28, 2009 at 12:01 pm
(5) Social Media Evangelist says:

Hi Daniel, Cool recos! May I also add the joy of window shopping on internet when you are really bored of everything! It costs your time but you get an incredible amount to learn about products, especially latest trends and gadgets! Also, window shopping about your favorite destination keeps me energized :-) ))

November 4, 2009 at 10:37 am
(6) nina says:

you are great,love your guide

December 17, 2009 at 12:19 am
(7) Ken says:

Its cool and mostly its free! tnx…

July 20, 2010 at 4:15 pm
(8) Love and Peace says:

Hello!
Very nice thank you

July 22, 2010 at 6:18 am
(9) mary says:

As i subscribe to newsletters in About.com,I got an email saying 14 ways to waste time on the web.Those who have time to waste on web are people who have time to waste on the web and do not work very hard or jobless.Very sarcastic way of pointing things.